Star Alliance celebrates 21st birthday with glittering NTIA prize draw
In one of the most highly-anticipated and generous birthday celebrations ever, Star Alliance marked its 21st year by gifting eight lucky guests at the 2018 AFTA National Travel Industry Awards (NTIA) with dazzling journeys to Europe, Africa, Asia and the Americas.
To win the coveted prizes – created by bringing together Star Alliance airlines and members of the Council of Australian Tour Operators – all guests needed to do was peel open their now legendary Star Alliance-themed napkin holders and cross their fingers.
In the end, the stars were truly aligned for:
- Apurva Goswami, Excite Holidays – winner of flights for two to Phuket and a seven-night Thai islands cruise on Panorama II, courtesy of Thai Airways and Peregrine Adventures
- Kerrie Mieszkuc, The Journeymasters – off on an Air China trip for two to Beijing for a nine-day ‘Great Wall and Warriors’ excursion with On the Go Tours, taking in Xi’an, Shanghai and Suzhou
- Jodie Pellegrino, Helloworld Wangaratta – heading to Vancouver with Air Canada for a 19-day Cosmos adventure that includes a voyage on-board the Rocky Mountaineer and a seven night cruise to Alaska
- Rebecca Livingstone, Keith Prowse Travel Brisbane – now planning a United Airlines trip for two to Mexico for five nights at Club Med Cancún Yucatán at the tip of the iconic Riviera Maya
- Mohammad Nasiry, Express Travel Group – who will fly with EVA Air to his choice of destination in Asia, where he will have $1000 worth of luxury accommodation and tours to spend courtesy of the Expedia Travel Agent Affiliate Program (TAAP)Daniel Walker, Sno’n’Ski – soon to fly South African Airways to South Africa for a 15-day Grand Tour from Bench Africa that includes game viewing in Kruger National Park and visits to Swaziland, Zululand and Cape Town
- Brian Taylor, Greece and Mediterranean Travel Centre – who took home a trip for two with Air New Zealand to Chicago for an eight-day Globus tour of the Great Lakes
- Vanessa Richards, Excite Holidays – who is heading for to Zurich with Singapore Airline and the Lufthansa Group for a seven-day Insight Vacations ‘Magical Switzerland’ tour taking in Lake Geneva, Zermatt and a voyage on the famous Glacier Express.
For the fourth consecutive year, Star Alliance also sponsored the Best Non-Branded Travel Agency Group category at NTIA, won this year by Helloworld Business Travel.
Star Alliance Country Steering Committee Vice Chair Jum Mu said it was only fitting that Star Alliance sponsored an award celebrating the achievements of an outstanding travel network.
“Since it was launched in 1997 Star Alliance has brought together the world’s leading airlines, each with their own distinctive culture and style of service, to create an unrivalled network dedicated to improving the experience of international travellers,” says Mu. “Helloworld Business Travel is just as committed to delivering excellent service and support to its members and their clients. Congratulations on a well-deserved honour.”
For more information on Star Alliance in Australia please visit www.staralliance.com.au.
Source = Star Alliance