Star Alliance and CATO join forces
Star Alliance in Australia is pleased to announce the biggest prize giveaway in its 21-year history, with member airlines joining forces with the Council of Australian Tour Operators (CATO) to give guests at this year’s AFTA National Travel Industry Awards the opportunity to win unforgettable journeys to Europe, Asia and the Americas.
NTIA’s legendary Star Alliance-branded napkin holders will once again provide eight lucky guests with the key to unlocking an unprecedented prize pool created by bringing together nine of the world’s leading airlines and eight of CATO’s top tour operators.
Guests at the travel industry’s most prestigious awards evening – held this year on Saturday 21 July at Sydney’s International Convention Centre – will simply need to peel open their napkin holder to reveal a number, which automatically puts them in the running for the Star Alliance 21st Birthday Draw.
During the evening, eight numbers will be randomly selected, with prizes including:
- a flight for two to Phuket and a seven-night Thai islands cruise on Panorama II, courtesy of Thai Airways and Peregrine Adventures
- an Air China trip for two to Beijing for a nine-day ‘Great Wall and Warriors’ excursion with On the Go Tours, taking in Xi’an, Shanghai and Suzhou
- an Air Canada flight to Vancouver for a 19-day Cosmos adventure across Canada and Alaska that includes a voyage on-board the Rocky Mountaineer and a seven night cruise to Alaska
- a trip for two to Mexico flying United Airlines and five dazzling nights at Club Med Cancún Yucatán, the ultimate all-inclusive family resort located at the tip of the iconic Riviera Maya
- a flight to any EVA AIR destination across Asia and $1000 worth of luxury accommodation and tours when you get there courtesy of the Expedia Travel Agent Affiliate Program (TAAP)
- fly South African Airways to South Africa for a 15-day Grand Tour from Bench Africa that includes ‘Big Five’ game viewing in Kruger National Park and a journey through Swaziland and Zululand on the way to beautiful Cape Town
- a trip for two with Air New Zealand to Chicago (via Auckland) for an eight-day Globus tour of the Great Lakes, including a visit to Mackinac Island on Lake Huron where bicycles and horse-drawn carriages are the only means of transportation
- a journey to Zurich flying with Singapore Airline and the Lufthansa Group for a seven-day Insight Vacations ‘Magical Switzerland’ tour taking in Lake Geneva, Zermatt and a voyage on the famous Glacier Express.
Star Alliance Country Steering Committee Chair Tim Clyde-Smith says it is only natural that after 21 years connecting people and places Star Alliance is bringing together some of the travel industry’s global leaders to create something special.
“In the air or on the ground Star Alliance is always looking for ways to set new benchmarks for excellence, and with the help of CATO’s members we are once again raising the bar when it comes to making the 2018 National Travel Industry Awards the best ever,” says Clyde-Smith.
CATO Managing Director Brett Jardine says the National Travel Industry Awards offer the perfect platform for CATO’s 100-plus members to thank their much-valued travel agent partners.
“CATO has for more than 20 years been supporting travel agents and we are delighted to join Star Alliance in creating these fabulous NTIA prizes that express the appreciation and admiration we have for our retail partners,” says Jardine. “CATO has also been a great supporter of AFTA, with all our members being ATAS accredited, so it’s a pleasure to be able to actively contribute in making this year’s awards truly exceptional.”
For the fourth consecutive year, Star Alliance will once again sponsor the Best Non-Branded Travel Agency Group category at the 2018 NTIA. The judged category recognises those groups that offer independent travel agents the chance to be part of a strong and supportive network while still operating under their own individual business name.
Source = Star Alliance