L.A. Tourism & American Airlines roll out the red carpet
Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board (L.A. Tourism) has teamed up with American Airlines to bring seven lucky Product Managers from leading Australian and New Zealand wholesale travel brands to the ‘City of Angels.’
The VIP guests were invited to explore L.A.’s new and reinvigorated premium hotel offerings and tourism attractions, establishing important relationships with on-the-ground tourism providers. The guests also experienced the new American Airlines routes from both Sydney and Auckland that fly directly into LAX, the most convenient and popular gateway to North America.
They began their stay at the recently opened Mama Shelter, located in Hollywood, where they enjoyed dinner and drinks atop the trendy rooftop space, enjoying glittering views of the city including the iconic Hollywood Sign.
The group explored what was in store for L.A.’s future hotel developments, visiting a number of newly opened and renovated hotels across the city’s many neighbourhoods, catering to a range of travellers including business, MICE and leisure. Highlights included:
- LAX and surrounding areas: Hyatt Regency Los Angeles Airport provides a convenient and luxurious hotel close to LAX, whilst Hotel MdR in Marina Del Rey is a stone’s throw from the Marina Marketplace and Abbot Kinney Boulevard
- Beach cities: Hotel Erwin in Venice is as eclectic as the beach itself, with visitors flocking to their rooftop to watch a Californian sunset over laid-back cocktails
- Hollywood: The iconic Hollywood Roosevelt hotel offered the group an indulgent culinary experience, with dinner at the Public Kitchen & Bar restaurant, and cocktails at The Spare Room
- Beverly Hills: W Los Angeles West Beverly Hills and Four Seasons Los Angeles at Beverly Hills offered a taste of glitz and glam in L.A.
- Downtown L.A: Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown and The Standard Downtown L.A. highlighted the ongoing revitalisation of Downtown, as cool speakeasy bars and leading art galleries continue to pop up in the area
- Koreatown: The LINE is a trendy hotel in ‘Ktown’ that serves up fusion cuisine from legendary chef Roy Choi, a lounge by The Houston Brothers and a lifestyle boutique Poketo
In between hotel visits, the group experienced some of the city’s top attractions, including browsing more than 100 gourmet grocers, stalls and restaurants at The Original Farmers Market, celebrity spotting at shopping mecca The Grove, as well as hiking the picturesque Griffith Park with Bikes and Hikes L.A.
The group was also taken to new heights in the ‘City of Angels’ with a trip to OUE Skyspace L.A. – California’s tallest open-air observation deck, for a panoramic views of Los Angeles. Those who were game tried out the new Skyslide – a see-through glass slide that hovers over the building’s edge 70 floors up. In addition, they caught the L.A. Clippers vs Indiana Pacers basketball game at STAPLES Center, the multi-purpose sports arena at L.A. Live in Downtown.
ABOUT LOS ANGELES TOURISM & CONVENTION BOARD
Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board is a private, nonprofit business association whose primary mission is to market and promote Los Angeles as the premier site for leisure travel, meetings and conventions. Los Angeles Tourism is recognised as the City’s official tourism marketing organisation. For more information about the endless entertainment experiences offered in Los Angeles, go to discoverLosAngeles.com, like us on facebook.com/LosAngelesFan or follow the destination on Twitter @discoverLA.
Source = Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board